Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Why I'm Voting For Mike Huckabee

My father lived to be eighty-three. My mother lived to be seventy-three. I consider that a long life. There were three of us kids who grew up in a rural town in Alabama during the hot days of summer, picking vegetables from the garden and playing in a neighborhood with no worries or cares. We knew everyone personally on our street and most people down the road for miles and up the road for miles.
My father worked in a steel mill for forty years driving eighty miles a day to support his family. He was in World War II and fought overseas. My mother helped my father by keeping up with us kids while he worked. She herself grew up with eleven other siblings and cared for a dying mother.
After a long day at the steel mill, my father would come home only to toil at cutting grass or tending to the garden of peas, corn, potatoes and okra so that my mother, me and my siblings could have food for the winter. We knew at an early age there would be good times and hard times.
In the south, I believe even today, we still learn a lot of lifes' lessons and for my father and mothers' example of hard work, being simple people and loving the things that were dealt them in life, I memorialize and honor them today and VOTE for Mike Huckabee. My mother and father live on in me and my children. When I compare Mike Huckabee's values and integrity, his are like mine and my mother and fathers.

No comments:

Listen to Mike Huckabee's Response to HILLARYCARE below...




Latest Poll Results......which ended 9/16/07

Our latest poll which asked, "In what city in Alabama would you like Mike Huckabee to visit first?" The results indicated 50% for Huntsville and 50% Birmingham. Use DEMAND IT and hope to get him here soon!